This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SU 9721 PETWORTH GOLDEN SQUARE (west side)
29/273 The Premises of the Boys Brigade, First Petworth Company
Built as the Congregational Church & Church Hall adjoining to the west. The church was probably built about 1870. Gothic. Stone rubble. Tiled roof. Gable end facing east containing a C14 style pointed window with tracery and pointed stone doorway below up six steps. Turret in north-east angle of the building with open wooden gallery at the top surmounted by a shingled spire. Three pointed windows in south wall. The foundation stone of the former church hall behind was laid in 1889. Two storeys of windows. Three windows on each floor comprising three pairs of triple lancets.
Listing NGR: SU9765821643
This is part of the Series: IOE01/1465 IOE Records taken by Tim Nichols; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England
© Mr Tim Nichols. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Nichols, Tim
Rights Holder: Nichols, Tim
Rubble, Stone, Tile, Victorian Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site, Congregational Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Church Hall, Civil, Meeting Hall, Public Building, Recreational, Recreational Hall, Office, Unassigned, Building