- 24 Feb 2001
- Hunt's Lock, Alrewas, Lichfield, Staffordshire, DE13 7DN
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SK 11 SW ALREWAS C.P. FRADLEY JUNCTION
3/14 Hunt's Lock - GV II
Canal lock. Circa 1770's. Red brick with stone edging; stone steps flank the front of the lock to the north-east. Wooden gates of circa 1980.
Hunt Lock is one of a series of 5 on the Trent and Mersey Canal at its junction with the Coventry Canal. The Trent and Mersey Canal was completed in 1777 ; the surveyor-general was James Brindley. Jean Lindsay The Trent and Mersey Canal (1979).
Listing NGR: SK1401414019
© Mr Dave Jones. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Jones, Dave
Rights Holder: Jones, Dave
Brick, Stone, Wood, Georgian Canal Lock, Transport, Canal Transport Site, Water Transport Site, Lock, Lock Gate, Maritime, Water Regulation Installation