Housing For Former Village Tap And Balustrade In Front

Date:
9 Apr 2002
Location:
Housing For Former Village Tap And Balustrade In Front, High Street, Mickleton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55 6RT
Reference:
IOE01/02195/02
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SP 1443-1543 MICKLETON HIGH STREET (east side)

11/89 Housing for former village tap and balustrade in front

GV II

Housing for former village tap. C19. Constructed under patronage of Sir J.M. Steele Graves. Polychrome brick with limestone capping stones. Two pier, iron balustrade with single connecting bar in front. Free-standing housing with arched recess, with segmental head, formerly housing tap. Biblical inscription on capping over.

One of three sources of piped water in village matching one at the end of Chapel Lane (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SP1592943358

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0750 IOE Records taken by Lorna Freeman; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Lorna Freeman. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Freeman, Lorna

Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna

Keywords

Brick, Iron, Limestone, Georgian Structure, Victorian Unassigned, Water Tap, Water Supply And Drainage, Water Supply Site, Balustrade, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces

Back
to top