The String Of Horses
- 20 Aug 2000
- The String Of Horses, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SO 95 68 STOKE PRIOR CP AVONCROFT MUSEUM OF BUILDINGS Stoke Heath
17/97 The String of Horses
Two houses, now shop and offices. Probably 1576 for John Worral, re-erected and restored 1975/76. Timber-frame with rendered infill and tile roof.
L-plan. Two storeys with attic to gable-end of range on right; four windows: all 3-light, save that to right of five lights; ground floor: three windows: a 2- and a 3-light casesment, to right-hand corner a C19 shop front with plate glass window, entrance angled across the corner with glazed door; two other entrances to left have restored carved doorheads and C20 doors. Framing: first floor jettied, close-studding with mid-rail, studs bearing cabled pilasters with corbel heads. Removed from the corner of New Street and Frankwell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire in 1971.
Listing NGR: SO9521868360
© Mr Owain Williams. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Williams, Owain
Rights Holder: Williams, Owain
Render, Tile, Timber, Tudor Jettied House, Elizabethan Monument <By Form>, Jettied Building, Timber Framed Building, Timber Framed House, House, Domestic, Dwelling, Shop, Commercial, Office, Unassigned, Building, Museum, Education, Recreational, Art And Education Venue