The Hawthorns / The Hawthorns, And Attached Stable Range

Date:
8 Oct 1999
Location:
The Hawthorns, Church Lane, Lapley Stretton And Wheaton Aston, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire
Show all locations
The Hawthorns, And Attached Stable Range, Church Lane, Lapley Stretton And Wheaton Aston, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire
Reference:
IOE01/02231/06
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SJ 81 SE LAPLEY C.P. CHURCH LANE, Wheaton Aston (North side)

5/71 The Hawthorns, and attached 22.6.83 stable range. (Previously listed as the Hawthorns)

GV II

House, formerly farmhouse, dated 1826. Red brick and blue machine tile roof of low pitch with end stacks, three storey three window front; central entrance. Sash windows with glazing bars, shaped stone heads and stone cills; windows reduce 4-3-2 panes deep to top storey. Pilastered surround to front door, reeded with reeded frieze to cornice over; rectangular fanlight with diagonal glazing bars at angles and six flush panelled door with central knocker. Early C19 casements to rear of building.

Attached stable range to rear: Mid C19 in red brick with blue brick and stone dressings; welsh slate roof and stack at hip. Two storey three bay front.

Cast iron fixed windows, some circular with blue brick surrounds and stone cills and keystone. Blocked entrance arch similar.

Listing NGR: SJ8531812608

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1995 IOE Records taken by G W Tanner; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr GW Tanner. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Tanner, Gw

Rights Holder: Tanner, Gw

Keywords

Brick, Slate, Stone, Tile, Georgian Farmhouse, Domestic, Agricultural Dwelling, Dwelling, House, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Stable, Animal Shed, Transport, Monument <By Form>

Back
to top