Remains Of Cross In Churchyard Of Church Of St Margaret About 4 Metres South Of The Porch

Date:
17 Jun 2000
Location:
Remains Of Cross In Churchyard Of Church Of St Margaret About 4 Metres South Of The Porch, Church Street, Sibsey, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE22 0RX
Reference:
IOE01/02254/28
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TE 35 SE SIBSEY CHURCH STREET (east side)

8/38 Remains of cross in churchyard of Church of St. Margaret about 4 metres south of the porch

G.V. II

Remains of village cross. C15. Ashlar. Rectangular ashlar plinth surmounted by a small portion of the square shaft with chamfered corners and broach stops.

Listing NGR: TF3544250724

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1788 IOE Records taken by John Scarbro; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr John Scarbro. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Scarbro, John

Rights Holder: Scarbro, John

Keywords

Ashlar, Medieval Village Cross, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Cross

Back
to top