K6 Telephone Kiosk To North Of Tyldesley Chapel

Date:
18 Oct 2000
Location:
K6 Telephone Kiosk To North Of Tyldesley Chapel, The Square, Tyldesley, Wigan, Greater Manchester
Reference:
IOE01/02257/28
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

The following building shall be added: TYLDESLEY THE SQUARE SD 60 SE 2/59 K6 Telephone Kiosk to north of Tyldesley Chapel II

Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and door.

Listing NGR: SD6908002012

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1977 IOE Records taken by David H Swain; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr David H Swain. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Swain, David H

Rights Holder: Swain, David H

Keywords

Cast Iron, 20th Century Telephone Box, Transport, Road Transport Site, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Street Furniture, Communications, Telecommunication Structure

Back
to top