- 16 Sep 2000
- Baptist Chapel, West Lane, Keighley, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD22 8DU
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
KEIGHLEY WEST LANE SE 0237 and SE 0337 (north side) 21/284 Haworth 30.4.82 Baptist Chapel
Baptist chapel. Datestone: built 1752, enlarged 1775, rebuilt 1844. Ashlar with coursed millstone grit to sides, stone slate roofs. 2 storeys, 3 x 5 bays.
Gable front: two doorways with Tuscan pilasters and cornices. To each floor 3 round-arched windows with glazing bars, projecting cills and voussoirs. Moulded eaves band. Pediment with modillioned cornice, datestone in moulded surround,a and ashlar coping. Right return: rusticated quoins. Ground floor: 3 unequally- hung sashes and one taller sash all with projecting cills and plain lintels. 1st floor: 5 round-arched 6-pane sashes in architraves with keystones and imposts.
End stack to right gable. To right, later single-storey, 7-bay addition, and to far right a later cross-wing.
Listing NGR: SE0281037381
© Mr John Gilkerson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Gilkerson, John
Rights Holder: Gilkerson, John
Ashlar, Gritstone (Sandstone), Stone, Georgian Baptist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship