Caretakers House For West Lane Methodist Church
- 16 Sep 2000
- Caretakers House For West Lane Methodist Church, 56 West Lane, Keighley, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD22 8EN
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
KEIGHLEY WEST LANE SE 0237 and SE 0337 (north side) 21/300 Haworth
30.4.82 No 56 (Caretakers House for West Lane Methodist Church)
Probably manse, now caretaker's house. Early C19. Coursed stone, stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 2 bays. Gable front: quoins. Flat-faced mullion windows in plain stone surrounds, some mullions removed. Doorway has plain stone surround.
The west gable incorporates part of the wall of the chapel which formerly stood to the west of this house. The chapel was a Methodist Chapel built in 1758, demolished and replaced in the C19, and now demolished.
Listing NGR: SE0277337359
© Mr John Gilkerson. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Gilkerson, John
Rights Holder: Gilkerson, John
Stone, Georgian Methodist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Manse, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling