Convent And School Of The Sacred Heart
- 5 Aug 2001
- Convent And School Of The Sacred Heart, 212 Hammersmith Road W6, Hammersmith, Hammersmith And Fulham, Greater London, W6 7DG
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ 2378 HAMMERSMITH ROAD W6
17.6.54 No 212 (Convent and School of the Sacred Heart)
Convent and school. 1875 onwards. J F Bentley. Red brick, Oulton stone- dressings. Tiled roofs. Free Tudor style. 3 storeyed buildings, three sides of cloistered courtyard. Chapel at South East has four pairs of traceried windows with buttresses between. Primary School adjoining to South West in red brick with South front of 2 storeys, 5 windows, 1899-1900.
Built on site of Cupola House.
Listing NGR: TQ2343578678
© Mr Richard Gapper. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Gapper, Richard
Rights Holder: Gapper, Richard
Brick, Stone, Tile, Victorian Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Cloister, Nunnery, Religious House, School, Education, House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling