Churchyard Cross Approximately 5 Meters To West Of Church Of St Bartholemew

Date:
19 Jun 2000
Location:
Churchyard Cross Approximately 5 Meters To West Of Church Of St Bartholemew, Vicarage Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV4 5HN
Reference:
IOE01/02289/04
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

WOLVERHAMPTON

SO89NE VICARAGE ROAD, Penn 895-1/4/96 (East side) 03/02/77 Churchyard Cross approx 5m to W of Church of St Bartholomew

GV II

Churchyard cross. Probably C13 base; shaft and head, 1912. Ashlar. 3 square steps and base with chamfered angles; tapering chamfered shaft; lantern head has 4 niches with crocketed gables and short cross to top; niches contain figures of Our Lady and Child and depiction of Crucifixion with SS Mary and John and possibly St Chad and St Bartholomew.

The cross was moved here from original site south of church in 1912.

Listing NGR: SO8942895284

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1018 IOE Records taken by John M Holt; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr John M Holt. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Holt, John M

Rights Holder: Holt, John M

Keywords

Ashlar, Medieval Cross, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site

Back
to top