Shop Premises Abutting And To East Of Noel Arms / Post Office

Date:
22 Feb 2002
Location:
Shop Premises Abutting And To East Of Noel Arms, High Street, Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55 6HA
Show all locations
Post Office, High Street, Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55 6HA
Reference:
IOE01/02295/32
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

1.

5224 HIGH STREET (south-east side) Post Office (formerly listed as shop premises abutting and to east of Noel Arms) SP 1539 SW 9/141 25.8.60

II

2.

Early C18. Restored by Norman Jewson. Ashlar with Cotswold stone roof. Two storeys and attic.

Modern 'period' bowed shop front with central doorway. The first floor has 4 sash windows with glazing bars and moulded cills. The windows are divided into pairs by three fluted Ionic pilasters of curious character. Modillion eaves cornice. Steeply pitched roof with 3 modern pedimented dormers and ashlar stacks. The treatment of the front can be compared with that of The Martins opposite (qv) which is dated 1714.

Listing NGR: SP1511039126

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0750 IOE Records taken by Lorna Freeman; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Lorna Freeman. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Freeman, Lorna

Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna

Keywords

Ashlar, Stone, Stuart Shop, Georgian Commercial, Post Office, Communications, Postal System Structure

Back
to top