Whiteshill Evangelical Church
- Whiteshill Evangelical Church, Whiteshill, Winterbourne, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, BS16 1SD
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST 67 NW WINTERBOURNE WHITESHILL (west side)
3/74 Whiteshill Evangelical Church
Chapel and added former school. Dated 1816. Rubble, freestone dressings, concrete and clay double roman tile roofs. Chapel and school block in T-plan. Single storey chapel is 2 windows wide, 2 deep, all tall round- headed multi-pane sashes, those on entrance front have architraves, between them a plain door and porch with unardorned cornice, above is datestone under cornice; end pilaster strips rise to low coped parapet which sweeps up to conceal most of hipped roof. 2 storey school building has 5 windows, all glazing bar sashes, at rear above a lean-to extenson; at south east where this block is visible it has a lean-to porch, storm doors under a large segmental headed transom light under voussoirs, above this the extended lintel bears legend "WHITESHILL DAY SCHOOL".
Listing NGR: ST6447279282
© Mr K. Harris. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Harris, K.
Rights Holder: Harris, K.
Clay, Concrete, Freestone, Roman Tile, Rubble, Georgian Nonconformist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Chapel, Place Of Worship, School, Education