Churchyard Cross Approx 20 Yards South Of Church Of St Mary

Date:
19 Oct 2000
Location:
Churchyard Cross Approx 20 Yards South Of Church Of St Mary, Morpeth, Castle Morpeth, Northumberland
Reference:
IOE01/02328/16
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

MORPETH HIGH CHURCH NZ 1985 24/232 Churchyard cross approx 20 yards south of Church of St.Mary

GV II

Churchyard cross. 1832. Ashlar. Base of 3 square steps, and a square block with broached corners carved with fleurs de lys. Tapering octagonal shaft with roll-moulded edges. Wheelhead cross, the arms of the cross treated as the petals of a stylized flower.

Listing NGR: NZ1973185074

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2213 IOE Records taken by David J Wilkinson; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr David J Wilkinson. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Wilkinson, David J

Rights Holder: Wilkinson, David J

Keywords

Ashlar, Georgian Cross, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site

Back
to top