This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST9387 CROSS HAYES 758-1/4/47 (East side) 01/07/76 No.26 St Aldhelm's Presbytery
Stable, now part of presbytery. Early C19, extended late C19. Coursed, squared limestone with coursed limestone rubble rear extension and stone slate roof. Single-depth stable with rear extension. Single storey; windowless street front. The street elevation has 2 round-arched recesses linked by imposts, that balances the matching screen wall to the S side of Cross Hayes House (qv); the right-hand return has a 6/6-pane sash in exposed box, the rendered left-hand return includes a fragment of a medallion from the Abbey, and C20 casements. Coursed rubble rear extension has a central doorway in a single-storey porch, 2-storey outshut to the left, taller second floor behind the porch, with horned sashes. INTERIOR: not inspected. HISTORICAL NOTE: formerly the stable block to Cross Hayes House (qv). The Catholic Church was built 1876.
Listing NGR: ST9341887133
© Mr G Williams. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Williams, G
Rights Holder: Williams, G
Limestone, Render, Rubble, Stone, Georgian Stable, Victorian Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport, Architectural Fragment, Unassigned, Abbey, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Religious House, Priests House, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.