The Talbot Public House
- 29 May 2000
- The Talbot Public House, North Street, Stilton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE7 3RP
- Photograph (Digital)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
STILTON NORTH STREET TL 1689 (West Side) 10/59 The Talbot PH
Public house. Late C17 or early C18 altered c.1920. Local brick, partly plastered and roughcast rendered. Hipped roofs with C20 ridged tiles and brick side stacks; pantiled rear extension. Two storeys and attics. Former symmetrical facade with slightly advanced bays to left and right hand modified at ground floor c.1935. C20 entrance to left of centre and two large casement windows with glazing bars to right hand, two leaded-light stained glass windows depicting boarded tables with a jug and glass of ale and a pipe and bread and cheese replacing former hung sash windows. Three first floor recessed twelve-paned hung sash windows. Sawtoothed brick eaves cornice. The original plan with the ground floor open between the wings was altered by infilling in the rear elevation in the C19; the alteration before c.1935 can be seen on a photograph (H.R.O.). Part of the building was used as a school in 1812.
Listing NGR: TL1624289367
© Mr JM Webber. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Webber, Jm
Rights Holder: Webber, Jm
Brick, Pantile, Plaster, Render, Roughcast, Tile, Stuart Public House, Georgian Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational, School, Education