This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. THE PRIORY 1590 Malthouse behind the Priory Club TL 186O 1/52 9.6.71.
C18 barns, formerly of L shaped plan with flash kiln in north wing; the central part of the east wing has been destroyed for the erection of a Community Centre.
Tiled roofs. Red brick with corbelled, dentil eaves cornice. Conical oven of gault brick kiln with interior arrangement preserved. Small wooden casement windows beneath eaves of barns.
Listing NGR: TL1811960388
© Mr Norman D Chappell. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Chappell, Norman D
Rights Holder: Chappell, Norman D
Brick, Tile, Stuart Kiln, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Industrial, Barn, Agriculture And Subsistence, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Community Centre, Civil