The Parish Church Of St Mary

Date:
18 Jun 2003
Location:
The Parish Church Of St Mary, Market Square, Midhurst, Chichester, West Sussex, GU29 9NJ
Show all locations
The Parish Church Of St Mary, Red Lion Street, Midhurst, Chichester, West Sussex, GU29 9NJ
Reference:
IOE01/02370/09
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

MIDHURST MARKET SQUARE (north side) SU 8821 21/45 The Parish Church of St Mary 18.6.59 (Formerly listed under Red Lion Street)

GV II*

Chancel with north and south chapels, tower in the place of a south transept with low shingled spire, nave with aisles. Base of the tower C13, the upper portions of the tower, the nave and the arcades of the chancel early C16. The remainder dates from 1882, when the whole church was so much restored that its character is largely C19. Architect Lacy W Ridge.

Listing NGR: SU8871321483

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0927 IOE Records taken by John Harrison; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr John Harrison. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Harrison, John

Rights Holder: Harrison, John

Keywords

Medieval Tower, Unassigned, Building, Parish Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship

Back
to top