Bull Vault 12 Yards South Of Church Of St Lawrence

Date:
29 May 2000
Location:
Bull Vault 12 Yards South Of Church Of St Lawrence, Church Road, Caterham, Tandridge, Surrey, CR3 5UE
Reference:
IOE01/02372/04
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

TQ 35NW CATERHAM & WARLINGHAM CHURCH ROAD, FORMER URBAN DISTRICT CATERHAM

2/13 Bull Vault. 12 yards south of Church of St. Lawrence.

GV II

Chest tomb with vault underneath. Dedicated to Mary Bull and her family c1810.

Stone tomb on brick plinth. Fluted pier surrounds to angles and moulded, ribbed, edge to lid. Iron railed surrounds with turned balusters to corners and centre of long sides (north and south) with urn finials above.

Listing NGR: TQ3359155383

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1644 IOE Records taken by Desomnd Pye; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Desmond Pye. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Pye, Desmond

Rights Holder: Pye, Desmond

Keywords

Brick, Iron, Stone, Georgian Vault, Victorian Unassigned, Building Component, Building, Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top