Church Of St Paul
- 29 May 2001
- Church Of St Paul, Station Road, Warlingham, Tandridge, Surrey
- Photograph (Digital)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ 35NE CATERHAM & WARLINGHAM STATION ROAD, FORMER URBAN DISTRICT WOLDINGHAM 3/36 Church of St. Paul II
Church. 1933 by Sir Herbert Baker for Lord Craigmyle. Flint rubble with stone dressings, plain tiled roof. Nave and chancel with baptistry and tower to west, porch to south. Stone traceried windows in Perpendicular style. Diagonal buttresses to 3 sides of tower, angle buttresses with stair turret between on south east corner. Stone decorative parapet to top, flush stone inscription band to 3 sides of tower reading "Praise Him/and magnify him/forever", all in Celtic style script. Planked arched doors in gabled porch to south and on north side.
Interior: 5 bay king post roof to nave with applied bracing band to wall plate level. 2 bay apsidal chancel with 1 crown post truss. 5 round arched windows in apse with flushwork lettering between:- "Glory to God in the highest..." set in agates supplied by the Nizam of Hyderabad.
Domed baptistry to west end with round bowl font on 4 marble columns.
Listing NGR: TQ3699055995
© Mr Desmond Pye. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Pye, Desmond
Rights Holder: Pye, Desmond
Flint, Rubble, Stone, Tile, 20th Century Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship, Inscribed Stone