The Rectory / Merryhill House

Date:
20 Jul 2000
Location:
The Rectory, High Street, Braunston, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 7HS
Show all locations
Merryhill House, High Street, Braunston, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 7HS
Reference:
IOE01/02407/19
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

BRAUNSTON HIGH STREET SP5366 (South side) 18/97 Merryhill House 18/01/68 (Formerly listed as The Rectory)

GV II

Former rectory, now house. 1839 by H.J. Underwood, Rendered walls, hipped slate roof, rendered stacks. 2 storeys; 3 bays. The two outer bays project slightly.

Central porch with square piers and straight moulded entablature. C20 door with overlight and side lights framed by rendered pilasters. 15-pane sash window in plain rendered frames on either side. 12-pane sash windows on the first floor.

Moulded parapet. Verandah with rendered Tuscan columns at rear. Service block to left. C19, similar materials. 2 storeys; 2 bays. C20 entrance to garage on ground floor and sash windows in rendered surrounds to first floor. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP5372066080

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0012 IOE Records taken by John Airlie Hunter; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Dr John Airlie Hunter. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Airlie Hunter, John

Rights Holder: Airlie Hunter, John

Keywords

Render, Slate, Georgian Service Wing, Victorian Domestic, Vicarage, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Monument <By Form>

Back
to top