Presbytery And Covered Way Church Of Lady And St Alphonsus

Date:
16 Aug 2000
Location:
Presbytery And Covered Way Church Of Lady And St Alphonsus, Hanley Castle, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR8 0DA
Reference:
IOE01/02411/18
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

HANLEY CASTLE CP HANLEY SWAN SO 84 SW 3/148 Presbytery and covered way, Church of Lady and St Alphonsus GV II

Presbytery and covered way. 1846 by Charles Hansom. Stone rubble with steep tile roofs. South wall of presbytery of three bays with one-bay cross-wing to right. On the ground floor the first and second bays each have a window of one trefoiled light. The third bay is covered on the ground floor by the link. The first floor windows are of two mullioned lights which rise into steeply-gabled attic dormers. The ground floor window of the cross-wing is of three trefoiled ogee lights under a flat head. The first floor window is of two trefoiled ogee lights with a quatrefoil. Timber bellcote on ridge.

Two chimneys on ridge and one at left. The single-storey link has three windows facing west, each of two trefoiled ogee lights with quatrefoil, with a doorway and two buttresses to the right. The covered way links the presbytery with the Church of Our Lady and St Alphonsus (qv).

Listing NGR: SO8123843668

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1516 IOE Records taken by D Pagett; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr D Pagett. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Pagett, D

Rights Holder: Pagett, D

Keywords

Rubble, Stone, Tile, Timber, Victorian Priests House, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Covered Way, Unassigned

Back
to top