The Albion Public House And Adjoining Stables To East

Location:
The Albion Public House And Adjoining Stables To East, Aston Street, Wem Urban, North Shropshire, Shropshire, SY4 5AY
Reference:
IOE01/02422/34
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

1. ASTON STREET 5358

(north side) The Albion Public House and adjoining stables to east SJ 5129 2/84

II

2.

Early/mid C19 red brick public house. Slate roof, one end hipped. Wide eaves with paved brackets to soffit. Two storeys. Four bays. Right hand bay added circa mid C19. Sash windows with glazing bars and plain stone lintels and cills. Ground floor 2-light sash. Pilastered doorcase with rectangular fanlight and panelled door including adjoining stable range at east. A simple low building, painted sandstone with slate roof. Stable and cart doors and hayloft doors above.

Listing NGR: SJ5168929036

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1101 IOE Records taken by S F Jamieson; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© S. F. Jamieson. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Jamieson, S. F.

Rights Holder: Jamieson, S. F.

Keywords

Sandstone, Slate, Georgian Public House, Victorian Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational, Stable, Agriculture And Subsistence, Animal Shed, Farm Building, Agricultural Building, Transport

Back
to top