Blacksmith's Shop Approximately 35 Metres To South West Of South View Farmhouse

Date:
21 Aug 2000
Location:
Blacksmith's Shop Approximately 35 Metres To South West Of South View Farmhouse, Belton Road, Belton, North Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire, DN9 1NE
Reference:
IOE01/02437/06
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SE 80 NW BELTON BELTON ROAD (south side) Beltoft 8/8 Blacksmith's shop approximately 35 metres to south west of South View Farmhouse

- II

Blacksmith's shop. Mid-late C18. Brick, whitewashed to front. Single room with central entrance. Single storey, single window. Waggon entrance with double board doors on wrought-iron strap hinges. Window to left with board shutter on strap hinges. Stepped eaves. Raised brick-coped gable to right.

End stack to left. Interior has original forge. No longer in use as a smithy.

Listing NGR: SE8081406720

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1749 IOE Records taken by Janet Roworth; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mrs Janet Roworth. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Roworth, Janet

Rights Holder: Roworth, Janet

Keywords

Brick, Georgian Blacksmiths Workshop, Industrial, Metal Workers Workshop, Craft Industry Site, Workshop, Industrial Building