This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
WESTGATE SK6953 1919-0/10/179 (North West side) 09/02/73 No.40 (Formerly Listed as: The Shoulder of Mutton public house)
Former public house, now a house. Mid C18, raised c1800, with mid C19 addition. Brick with plain tile and pantile roofs.
First floor band, cogged eaves, 2 gable stacks. Windows are glazing bar sashes, those to ground and first floors with segmental heads. Similar fenestration on each floor, with a small central sash flanked by single larger sashes, all the fenestration slightly off-centre. Near-central C19 panelled door, the top 2 panels glazed, with segmental head. To right, single storey lean-to addition with an altered glazing bar sash and in the left side, a stable door. At the rear, a full-width 2 storey lean-to addition.
Listing NGR: SK6983253629
© Mr Tony Williams. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Williams, Tony
Rights Holder: Williams, Tony
Brick, Pantile, Tile, Georgian Public House, Commercial, Licensed Premises, Eating And Drinking Establishment, Recreational, House, Monument (By Form), Domestic, Dwelling