South East Boundary Wall To Churchyard
- 5 Apr 2002
- South East Boundary Wall To Churchyard, Church Street, Shipton Under Wychwood, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7 6BP
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SHIPTON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD CHURCH STREET SP 2617-2717 7/47 South-east boundary - wall to churchyard GV II Churchyard boundary wall. Perhaps circa 1859 by G E Street who restored the church then. Coursed dry-stone rubble with weathered coping. About 75 yards long and about 4 feet high. Set-back entrance axial with south porch of church (qv).
Breached at south-west end for mower access.
Listing NGR: SP2798617973
© Mr Ash Ismail. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Ismail, Ash
Rights Holder: Ismail, Ash
Rubble, Stone, Georgian Boundary Wall, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Wall, Barrier, Boundary, Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Mixed Cemetery, Cemetery, Funerary Site