Old School House And Garden Boundary Walls To North East And North West

Date:
5 Apr 2002
Location:
Old School House And Garden Boundary Walls To North East And North West, Church Street, Shipton Under Wychwood, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7 6BP
Reference:
IOE01/02448/26
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SHIPiON-UNDER-WYCHWOOD CHURCH STREET SP 2617-2717 (north-west side) 7/105 Old School House and - Garden boundary walls to north-east and north-west CV II Former Schoolmaster's House. Probably circa 1855 by G E Street. Altered. Coursed> rubble, Cotswold stone roof. Logical and economic design with domestic Gothic dress - main features are the tapering end chimney shafts. L-plan. One-and-a-half storeys. Road front has 3 windows on ground floor, central one formerly door, the right-hand one with relieving arch. Two gables to rear, the right-hand one projec- ting with lean-to over entrance (moulded surrounds), attic dormer gables.

Battered drystone round-top garden wall about 3 ft high links with north-west boundary wall which is similar to Churchyard boundary wall (qv) - coursed rubble, weathered capping.

Listing NGR: SP2795317940

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/1087 IOE Records taken by Ash Ismail; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Ash Ismail. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Ismail, Ash

Rights Holder: Ismail, Ash

Keywords

Rubble, Stone, Georgian Teachers House, Victorian Domestic, House, Dwelling, Boundary Wall, Monument <By Form>, Wall, Barrier, Boundary

Back
to top