Presbytery Attached To Church Of The Holy Ghost
- 16 Jul 2000
- Presbytery Attached To Church Of The Holy Ghost, Sherborne Road, Basingstoke, Basingstoke And Deane, Hampshire
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
The following building shall be added:-
SU65SW BASINGSTOKE SHERBORNE ROAD (East side)
2/10004 Presbytery attached to Church of the Holy Ghost
Presbytery, 1902. Red back in stretcher bond with ashlar dressings; Roman tile roof brick chimney.
2 storeys with attic to part. 3-bay west elevation. Square headed cross windows to ground floor and attic; those on 1st floor with cusped heads and pointed-arched surrounds. Continuous hoodmoulds and 1st floor cill string. Corbelled eaves. West elevation: pointed arched entrance to internal porch between left-hand bays. Right bay projects slightly below gable with attic storey; 6-light ground-floor window with cusped headed lights; gable cross. Right return: 4 bays in same style. Rear:plainer and with window alterations.
Listing NGR: SU6223851421
© Mr M. Bridger. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Bridger, M.
Rights Holder: Bridger, M.
Ashlar, Brick, Roman Tile, Victorian Priests House, Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling