Clock Tower

Date:
4 Jul 2000
Location:
Clock Tower, Main Street, Grange Over Sands, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA11 6DY
Show all locations
Clock Tower, Church Hill, Grange Over Sands, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA11 6DY
Reference:
IOE01/02465/02
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

GRANGE-OVER-SANDS

SD4077 MAIN STREET 705-1/4/30 (West side) 02/05/75 Clock Tower

GV II

Clock tower. 1912. Snecked limestone with red sandstone ashlar dressings and 8-sided slate roof. Of square plan with tapering diagonal buttresses which terminate above eaves level, where each is carved with a reversed 'S'. Each side has a tall glazed slit opening above a string course, and a clock face with ashlar surround. Below the overhanging eaves each face has a 3-light mullioned opening. At ground level the west side has a moulded doorway. Above is a plaque inscribed: 'AMORIS DOMUM 1912'.



Listing NGR: SD4074277852

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/2266 IOE Records taken by C J Wright; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr CJ Wright. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Wright, Cj

Rights Holder: Wright, Cj

Keywords

Limestone, Slate, 20th Century Clock Tower, Unassigned, Tower, Building, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument

Back
to top