- 7 Aug 2000
- Boundary Post, Bishopstrow, West Wiltshire, Wiltshire
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BISHOPSTROW BISHOPSTROW VILLAGE ST 84 SE (west side) 3/7 Boundary Post
Boundary post. Dated 1840. Cast iron T-shaped post with names of parishes on each arm; SUTTON VENY on left arm, BISHOPSTROW on right arm, initials C & M/W below. One of a series of boundary posts along the Wylye Valley, produced by Carson and Miller a firm of ironfounders operating in Warminster from 1820.
Listing NGR: ST8933943575
© Ms Geraldine Bunn. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Bunn, Geraldine
Rights Holder: Bunn, Geraldine
Cast Iron, Victorian Boundary Post, Monument <By Form>, Boundary