Fewtrell Monument About 12 Yards South-East Of The South Porch Of The Church Of St Mary

Date:
16 Jun 2000
Location:
Fewtrell Monument About 12 Yards South-East Of The South Porch Of The Church Of St Mary, Tyberton, Herefordshire
Reference:
IOE01/02476/16
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 33 NE TYBERTON CP -

3/94 Fewtrell monument about 12 yards south-east of the south porch of the Church of St Mary

GV II

Chest tomb for Thomas Fewtrell, died 1790. Sandstone ashlar, moulded base, flat moulded capping; fluted corner balusters, curved recessed panels to each side. On the centre of the capping a large sandstone urn probably later. Fewtrell according to the inscription was steward to William Brydges and later occupied Church House Farmhouse (qv).

Listing NGR: SO3802239876

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0721 IOE Records taken by G Jane Fleet; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© G. Jane Fleet. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Fleet, G. Jane

Rights Holder: Fleet, G. Jane

Keywords

Ashlar, Sandstone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top