This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SE 24 NE NORTH RIGTON MAIN STREET (south side) 5/64 Stocks
Pair of double stocks. Possibly C17, restored 1930 and 1960. Gritstone and wood. Pair of stone posts approximately 1 metre high, grooved on inside faces. 2 wooden boards slotted between, with holes for 2 pairs of legs. A brass plaque on one post records that the stocks now stand on the site of the old smithy. They were removed from the old pinfold in 1930 and restored at that time and again in 1960.
Listing NGR: SE2804849265
© Mr Andrew Crompton. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Crompton, Andrew
Rights Holder: Crompton, Andrew
Brass, Gritstone (Sandstone), Stone, Wood, Tudor Stocks, Elizabethan Civil, Stuart Punishment Place, Jacobean Legal Site, Blacksmiths Workshop, Industrial, Metal Workers Workshop, Craft Industry Site, Workshop, Industrial Building, Plaque, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument