The Rectory And Roadside Wall
- 24 Jun 2000
- The Rectory And Roadside Wall, 9 And 11 Church Road, Bawdrip, Sedgemoor, Somerset, TA7 8PU
- Photograph (Digital)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
BAWDRIP CP CHURCH ROAD (East side) ST33NW 8/3 Nos 9 and 11 (The Rectory) and roadside wall
Rectory, now divided into 2 dwellings. Early C19, alterations and additions by Knowles of Bridgwater, 1848. Roughcast, wide eaves, slate roof, rendered stacks, one with projecting chimney breast. Two storeys, 1:3 bays, 12-pane sash windows, to first floor with louvred shutters. Central pedimented porch, acanthus enriched eaves, door opening with an eared and moulded architrave, paired 2-panelled doors. Section of high rubble wall bounding roadside, to extreme south terminating in a pair of gate piers, C20 gate.
Listing NGR: ST3419139587
© Mr John Bjergfelt. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Bjergfelt, John
Rights Holder: Bjergfelt, John
Roughcast, Slate, Georgian Vicarage, Victorian Domestic, Clergy House, Clerical Dwelling, House, Dwelling, Gate, Unassigned, Monument <By Form>, Gate Pier, Boundary Wall, Wall, Barrier, Boundary