This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST23NE CHILTON TRINITY CP CHILTON TRINITY VILLAGE
8/34 Church of the Holy Trinity (formerly listed as Chilton Trinity Church) 29.3.63
Parish church. Established C13, earliest recorded incumbent of 1309, rebuilt C15, C19 restoration. Blue lias and red sandstone rubble, freestone dressings, double Roman tile roof. Perpendicular. Nave with a South porch, chancel, West tower. Embattled 3-stage tower, diagonal buttresses, prominent gargoyles, stair turret; single 2-light bell chamber windows; 3-light West window, ribbed and studded West door; both with labels with carved head stops. Two bay nave, 2 bay chancel, predominantly 2-light windows, each light with a foiled head, foliated spandrels to both the inside and the outside, simple leaded lights, some with C18 iron casements; 3-light East window. The mouldings to the pointed arch door opening of the South porch and the tower arch are characteristically C15, the latter shafted; simple 4-centred arch South door opening, C15 ribbed and studded door. The chancel arch much mutilated but with the remains of some keel mouldings. C19 wagon roofs to nave and chancel, the latter unceiled; C15 ringing-chamber floor to tower, Lower entrance to rood loft evident; piscina to chancel with a foiled head. Interior with C19 fittings including pews, lectern, organ and altar rail; C15 octagonal font with a Jacobean cover; Jacobean pulpit; small table, splatt- back chair and 2 coffin stools of C18; tablets to Gilbert Marshall of 1787, Susanna Graham of 1785. The church was served by the Hospital of St John, Bridgwater from 1219. (Pevsner, Buildings of England, South and West Somerset, 1958).
Listing NGR: ST2964639170