Pair Of Sphinxes Flanking Steps On East Side Of Terrace At Trent Park

Location:
Pair Of Sphinxes Flanking Steps On East Side Of Terrace At Trent Park, Bramley Road, Enfield, Greater London
Reference:
IOE01/02491/01
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

The following building shall be added to the list:

BRAMLEY ROAD TQ 29 NE (north side, off) 19/130 Pair of sphinxes flanking steps on east side of terrace at Trent Park

II GV

Pair of sphinxes. Circa 1700 by Nost; mid 1920s brought to Trent Park from Stowe, Bucks, by Sir Philip Sassoon. Lead statues on ashlar plinths. Corniced, stepped, plinths support statues depicting sphinxes with heads turned inwards.

Register of Parks and Gardens of special historic interest in England, Part 17, Greater London.

Listing NGR: TQ2912197362

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0168 IOE Records taken by Mark Berry; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Mr Mark Berry. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Berry, Mark

Rights Holder: Berry, Mark

Keywords

Ashlar, Lead, Stuart Sphinx, Georgian Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Garden Ornament

Back
to top