Former Ambulance Station At Highlands Hospital
- 27 Aug 2001
- Former Ambulance Station At Highlands Hospital, Worlds End Lane, Enfield, Greater London
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
The following building shall be added:-
TQ 393 NW WORLD'S END LANE
790-/20/10017 (west side) Former Ambulance Station at Highlands Hospital II
Ambulance Station to the former Northern Fever Hospital. 1884-7 by Pennington and Brigden. Red and Yellow brick, slate roof Symmetrical composition with three central bays of two storeys with central carriage opening, and two single-storey bays to either side. Iron shelter f three bays to rear. Main elevation with six-light casements linked by sill bands set under segmental red-brick arches supported on battered red-brick piers. A similar segmental arch to the carriage opening, with pilasters to either side and red-brick surrounds to first-floor round windows under deep coved eaves cornice. Double doors within carriageway to interior, single-rear stack.
Source Gwendoline M Ayers, England's First State Hospitals, 1971.
Listing NGR: TQ3082695696
© Mr Mark Berry. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Berry, Mark
Rights Holder: Berry, Mark
Brick, Iron, Slate, Victorian Ambulance Station, Civil, Health And Welfare