Church Of All Saints
- 30 Jul 2000
- Church Of All Saints, Church Road, East Huntspill, Sedgemoor, Somerset
- Photograph (Digital)
This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EAST HUNTSPILL CP CHURCH ROAD (West side) ST34NW
2/33 Church of All Saints - - II
Anglican parish church. 1839 by G P Manners, bell-chamber added late C19. Dressed lias, freestone dressings, coped verges, slate roofs, cruciform finials, arcaded ashlar bellcote to west, 2-stage bell-chamber above porch with pyramidal slate roof. Neo Norman. Nave, chancel, south porch, north vestry. Three bay nave, plinth with offset, pilasters, sill and impost bands, corbel table; single-light semi-circular head windows; west end with interlacing arches, 3 semi-circular head lancets, above large 2-light window, shafts with cushion caps. Porch with elaborate doorway with chevron ornament, plank door with scroll iron hinges. Lower 2-bay chancel, similar fenestration. Interior plastered with coeval and later C19 fittings; box pews; neo-Norman pulpit; good carved lectern; stained glass; wall monuments. (Pevsner, Buildings of England, South and West Somerset, 1958).
Listing NGR: ST3439745125
© Michael Bass. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
Photographer: Bass, Michael
Rights Holder: Bass, Michael
Ashlar, Lias, Slate, Stone, Georgian Anglican Church, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Church, Place Of Worship, Parish Church, Bell Tower, Wall Monument, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument