Burne Monument In The Churchyard About 22 Metres North West Of West Porch Of Church Of St Mary Magdelene

Date:
17 Jun 2000
Location:
Burne Monument In The Churchyard About 22 Metres North West Of West Porch Of Church Of St Mary Magdelene, Church Street, Tormarton, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, GL9 1HT
Reference:
IOE01/02496/01
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 77 NE TORMARTON C.P. CHURCH STREET (east side)

6/244 Burne monument in the churchyard about 22 metres north west of west G.V. porch of Church of St. Mary Magdalene

II

Chest tomb. Early C19. Limestone. Top has shallow pediment to each side with acroterial ornaments at corners, corner pilasters with recessed panels and plain plinth, inscription panels to all sides, paired to north and south with moulded surrounds. To Henry Burne, 1833 and other members of the family.

Listing NGR: ST7692378862

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0822 IOE Records taken by Sarah J Golding; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Ms Sarah J Golding. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Golding, Sarah J

Rights Holder: Golding, Sarah J

Keywords

Limestone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top