Arnold Monument In The Churchyard About 23 Metres South West Of West Porch Of Church Of St Mary Magdalene

Date:
17 Jun 2000
Location:
Arnold Monument In The Churchyard About 23 Metres South West Of West Porch Of Church Of St Mary Magdalene, Church Street, Tormarton, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, GL9 1HT
Reference:
IOE01/02496/27
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 77 NE TORMARTON C.P. CHURCH STREET (east side)

6/270 Arnold monument in the churchyard about 23 metres south west of west G.V. porch of Church of St. Mary Magdalene

II

Chest tomb. C18. Limestone with sandstone inscription panels north and south.

Flat top with moulded edge, moulded base, lyre ends east and west, concave sides to lyres with festoon, oval panels east and west, cornice. South panel has twined ribbons and leaves to sides, north panel has floriate urn. To William Arnold, 1790 and other members of the family. One of a group of 3 Arnold monuments, the others (q.v.) lie about 1 metre north and 2 metres south.

Listing NGR: ST7692378839

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0822 IOE Records taken by Sarah J Golding; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Ms Sarah J Golding. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Golding, Sarah J

Rights Holder: Golding, Sarah J

Keywords

Limestone, Sandstone, Stuart Chest Tomb, Georgian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top