Arnold Monument In The Churchyard About 25 Metres South West Of West Porch Of Church Of St Mary Magdalene

Date:
17 Jun 2000
Location:
Arnold Monument In The Churchyard About 25 Metres South West Of West Porch Of Church Of St Mary Magdalene, Church Street, Tormarton, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, GL9 1HT
Reference:
IOE01/02496/28
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 77 NE TORMARTON C.P. CHURCH STREET (east side)

6/271 Arnold monument in the churchyard about 25 metres south west of west G.V. porch of Church of St. Mary Magdalene

II

Chest tomb. C18. Limestone with square sandstone inscription panel north and south. Flat top with moulded edge, moulded base, lyre ends east and west with festoons to concave sides of lyres, cornice; inscription panel to north has draped swags to sides, to south with branches and leaves. To William Arnold, 1777 and other members of the family. One of a group of 3 Arnold monuments, the others (q.v.) lie about 2 and 3 metres north.

Listing NGR: ST7692278836

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0822 IOE Records taken by Sarah J Golding; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Ms Sarah J Golding. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Golding, Sarah J

Rights Holder: Golding, Sarah J

Keywords

Limestone, Sandstone, Stuart Chest Tomb, Georgian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top