Smith Monument, In The Churchyard And 12 Metres South Of Tower Of Church Of St James

Date:
21 Jul 2000
Location:
Smith Monument, In The Churchyard And 12 Metres South Of Tower Of Church Of St James, Stowell Hill, Tytherington, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
Reference:
IOE01/02501/12
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 68 SE TYTHERINGTON C.P. STOWELL HILL

1/37 Smith monument, in the churchyard and 12 metres south of tower of Church of St. James

G.V. II

Chest tomb. Late C18. Freestone. Moulded, hipped slab corner balusters, plain sides and ends with inscriptions, heavy moulded base, plinth. John Smith, 1780, etc.

Listing NGR: ST6684688342

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0103 IOE Records taken by Alan Bamforth; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Alan Bamforth. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Bamforth, Alan

Rights Holder: Bamforth, Alan

Keywords

Freestone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top