Russel Monument, In The Churchyard And 10 Metres South Of The Church Of St James

Date:
21 Jul 2000
Location:
Russel Monument, In The Churchyard And 10 Metres South Of The Church Of St James, Stowell Hill, Tytherington, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
Reference:
IOE01/02501/13
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

ST 68 SE TYTHERINGTON C.P. STOWELL HILL

1/35 Russell monument, in the churchyard and 10 metres south of the Church of St. James

G.V. II

Chest tomb. Early C19. Freestone. Moulded slab, corner balusters, inset, moulded end panels, sides have oval cartouches between paterae, tall moulded base.

Earliest date, 1754.

Listing NGR: ST6683888351

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0103 IOE Records taken by Alan Bamforth; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Alan Bamforth. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Bamforth, Alan

Rights Holder: Bamforth, Alan

Keywords

Freestone, Georgian Chest Tomb, Victorian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Tomb, Funerary Site

Back
to top