White Cross

Date:
16 Sep 2001
Location:
White Cross, Whitecross Road, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR4 0LS
Reference:
IOE01/02502/32
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

HEREFORD

SO44SE WHITECROSS ROAD 683-1/9/323 White Cross 10/06/52

GV II*

Cross. c1370, restored 1864. Ashlar. Restored foliate cross and shaft, on original sexagonal base, raised on plinth of 7 steps. Moulded panels with pointed arches containing heraldic shields and tracery; castellation. Erected to commemorate the decline of the Plague. Scheduled Ancient Monument. (Duncumb J: History of the County of Hereford: 1804-: 397; RCHME).

Listing NGR: SO4931140664

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0742 IOE Records taken by Derek Foxton; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Dr Derek Foxton. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Foxton, Derek

Rights Holder: Foxton, Derek

Keywords

Ashlar, Medieval Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site, Cross, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Plague Memorial, Commemorative, Commemorative Monument

Back
to top