This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST 46 SE WRINGTON C.P. BROAD STREET (south side)
5/140 Cambridge House
Former baker's house, now offices. Circa 1820. Limewashed render with plain tile roof. L-shaped plan with rear staircase projection. 3-storey, 3-window north front. Windows to ground and first floors are 12-pane sashes, those to upper floor are 9-pane sashes. Central open pedimented doorcase on carved brackets with 6-panel door and semi-circular fanlight with spoked glazing. End pilasters with incised anthemion sprays to top and gadrooned capitals below widely projecting bracketted eaves. Hipped roof, 1 right-hand end brick stack. Sash window to staircase with intersecting Gothick glazing. Interior. Staircase has wreathed mahogany handrail, square balusters and carved tread ends.
Listing NGR: ST4685962794
© Mike Bedingfield. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Bedingfield, Mike
Rights Holder: Bedingfield, Mike
Render, Tile, Georgian House, Victorian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Office, Unassigned, Building