This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
YATTON KEYNELL THE STREET ST 87 NE (west side) 3/513 Church of St. Margaret of Antioch (Formerly listed as Church of St Margaret) 20.12.60
Anglican parish church, C13 and C15, much restored 1868 by G. E.
Street. Rubble stone and ashlar with C19 red plain tile roofs and coped gables. West tower, nave, north porch, south aisle, chancel and north vestry. 4 stage tower, unbuttressed, the lower part C13 with C19 renewed west window, dripcourses, single light to second stage, small cusped 2-light openings with pierced stone screens to third stage and C15 ashlar top stage, similar to West Kington and Burton (Nettleton) churches. 3 panels each side of 2 tiers of paired cusped panels, top centre pair pierced for bell-opening.
Panelled battlements and corner pinnacles. Nave north side C15 with one renewed 3-light Perpendicular style pointed window with hoodmould, then north porch with shouldered panelled gable, diagonal buttresses and high moulded plinth. Moulded pointed north arch with hoodmould and 2-light window over with quatrefoil head.
Moulded Tudor-arched inner doorway with trefoil spandrels and 1868 door. Hoodmould over. Stone seats and moulded eaves cornice. 4- light renewed Perpendicular style pointed window with hoodmould to left. Ashlar lean-to vestry, 1868, north of chancel, chancel north and south lancets 1868, possibly indicating C13 original, diagonal buttresses and 3-light 1868 Perpendicular style east window with hoodmould. South aisle gabled with moulded plinth, diagonal buttresses and 2 side buttresses. Pointed Perpendicular style 4-light east window and 3-light west window, south side from right two 4-light windows, door in moulded surround and 3- light window, all flat-headed with hoodmoulds and much renewed 1868. Interior: moulded segmental pointed tower arch. Nave C19 roof.
Panelled reveals to one north window and, renewed, to south aisle windows. 3-bay south arcade, 2 bays of 4-centred arches on panelled octagonal pier and responds, third bay taller panelled opening with former rood stair breaking east pier. Chancel arch apparently C19, rising from carved corbels. Exceptional C15 stone screen, part renewed, with 8 ogee-headed openings, 2 over central ogee arch, 3 each side over quatrefoil panels with carved arms or roses. C19 chancel roof. East window c1889. Numerous C17 and C18 plaques resited in tower, notably on south wall to J. Wilde died 1702 and M. Wild died 1734.
Listing NGR: ST8661976362