Eldridge Monument, In Churchyard, About 6 Metres North Of Nave, Slightly West Of Eastern Window, Church Of St Mary

Date:
21 Jul 2000
Location:
Eldridge Monument, In Churchyard, About 6 Metres North Of Nave, Slightly West Of Eastern Window, Church Of St Mary, Murrells End Road, Hartpury, Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL19 3DE
Reference:
IOE01/02542/32
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 72 SE HARTPURY MURRELLS END ROAD

8/54 Eldridge monument, in churchyard, about 6m north of nave, slightly west of eastern window, Church of St. Mary

GV II

Headstone; Henry Eldridge, died 1661; stone. Elliptical head with wide projection: scrolls at ends with cyma and roll moulding to dummy keystone. Roll moulding down sides. Chamfer to back. Sunk into ground. Good lettering, all capitals, with flourish to main initial letters. Earliest decipherable headstone in churchyard, in good condition.

Listing NGR: SO7805823654

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0565 IOE Records taken by Geoffrey Dawson; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Geoffrey Dawson. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Dawson, Geoffrey

Rights Holder: Dawson, Geoffrey

Keywords

Stone, Stuart Gravestone, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Grave Marker, Funerary Site

Back
to top