This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1. GREAT WALTHAM DUNMOW ROAD 5213 FORD END Church of St John the Evangelist TL 61 NE 1/687
A late C19 red brick church (built 1870) with an imposing bell tower at the east end of the south front. The nave has a low wall with small round headed windows and a high tiled roof. The tower has a pointed arch with cusped tracery and louvred openings to the belfry and has a tall pyramid tiled roof with gablets. There are carved stone figures at the corners of the belfry.
Listing NGR: TL6773316868
© Mr Peter J Wade. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Wade, Peter J
Rights Holder: Wade, Peter J
Brick, Tile, Victorian Church, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Place Of Worship