This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ3284SW ALWYNE ROAD 635-1/54/16 (South East side) Nos.31 AND 32
Semi-detached houses. 1847-9. Developed, and probably designed, by James Wagstaffe. Yellow brick set in Flemish bond with stucco dressings and roof of slate. Three storeys over basement, three windows each, the entrance in a two storey outer bay, slightly set back. Basement stuccoed with banded rustication. Steps up to flat-arched entrance with pilaster-jambs, cornice, overlight and panelled door of original design, which is, in either case, set back in an added, round-arched porch; one window above, that to no 31 cambered-arched, cornice and blocking course. On the rest of each house, flat-arched windows, those to ground and first floor having architrave and cornice on consoles, those to second floor having architrave linked to the bracketed and moulded eaves cornice; ground-floor windows have bracketed balconies with cast-iron railings, the brackets on no 32 now missing in part; hipped roof, stacks to party wall. (Historians' file, English Heritage London Division).
Listing NGR: TQ3211284405
© Mr G.N.G. Tingey. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Tingey, G.N.G.
Rights Holder: Tingey, G.N.G.
Brick, Slate, Stucco, Victorian Semi Detached House, Monument (By Form), House, Domestic, Dwelling, Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site