This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
TQ3084SE BELITHA VILLAS 635-1/51/76 (North side) Nos.7-9 (Odd)
Semi-detached villas. c.1845. Yellow and brown stock bricks set in Flemish bond with stucco dressings; Welsh-slate hipped roof with projecting eaves, and centre stacks. Sidehall entrance plan with staircase. Two storeys, basement and attic; 2 windows each including narrower 1-window recessed entrance bay. Three-storey full-height brick pilasters articulate inner bay. Steps rise to entrances in outer bays where original prostyle porticoes have been removed: doorway with pilaster jambs carrying corniced-heads, original panelled door to no. 9 and rectangular overlight. Gauged brick flat-arches to sashes.
Ground-floor sashes set in gauged-brick elliptical-arched recesses linked by stucco impost bands. Stucco sill band beneath 1st floor full-length sashes. Boxed cornice.
Listing NGR: TQ3096784350
© Mr G.N.G. Tingey. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Tingey, G.N.G.
Rights Holder: Tingey, G.N.G.
Brick, Stucco, Welsh Slate, Georgian Semi Detached House, Victorian Monument (By Form), House, Domestic, Dwelling, Steps, Transport, Pedestrian Transport Site