This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
OWTHORPE CHURCH LANE SK63SE (east side) 4/127 Headstones in - Churchyard of Church of St Margaret, west of tower, south side GV II
Headstones. Mainly C18. Slate. West to east:
1. Small, shaped with relief hour glass at top, to: Edward Bulton d.1754.
2. Rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: John Bird d.1724, also children who died in infancy and Ellin his wife.
3. Rectangular, fairly plain, to: James Poulton d.1763.
4. Tall, shaped with fine decoration, to: William son of Richard and Hannah Wright d.1803. Signed Wright, Hickling.
5. Rectangular, fine detail, to: Mary Archer d.1777.
6. Shaped, fairly plain, to: Ann daughter of Henry and Elizabeth Archer d.1792.
7. Rectangular with fine, flowing detail, to: Sarah Archer d.1768.
8. Similar to above, to: John Archer d.1767. Signed Jas. Sparrow.
9. Broad, rectangular with moulded surround and relief cherubs' heads in corners, to: John Mackley d.1752.
10. Very tall with a relief in centre oval, divided vertically, to: John Mackley d.1811, also Margaret wife of John Mackley d.1810.
Signed Jones, Bingham.
11. Broad, rectangular, divided vertically, to: Henry Archer d.1761, also Elizabeth Archer d.1758.
12. Small, rectangular, to: Samuel son of Henry and Elizabeth Archer d.1742 in his 21st year.
13. Small, rectangular with round-faced winged angel, to: Richard Dexter d.1727.
14. Similar to above, to: Sarah wife of Thomas Dexter d.1732.
15. Rectangular, with relief winged cherub's head, divided vertically, to: Richard Dexter d.1761, also Elizabeth Dexter d.1767. An excellent example of the type.
16. Large, rectangular with moulded surround and relief in corners of hour glass with entwined serpent, to: Elizabeth the wife of Henry Archer d.1754, also children who died in infancy.
Listing NGR: SK6720833436
© Nick Blackburn. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Blackburn, Nick
Rights Holder: Blackburn, Nick
Slate, Stuart Gravestone, Georgian Religious Ritual And Funerary, Grave Marker, Funerary Site
Please update your browser
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.